Attract more diverse talent | Improve employee retention | Bring DEI and CSR plans to life | Strengthen your community
The combination of racial injustice and COVID-19 has significantly impacted communities of color, and employers are looking at how they can be part of the solution. As they look to diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts as an opportunity for change, they’re finding that talent from impacted communities can be difficult to tap into, match to open roles, and retain over the long term.
Since 1991, Cara has moved people facing barriers to employment – such as criminal justice involvement or lower educational credentials – into more than 10,000 jobs at 70%, same-firm, one-year retention rates in industries like customer service, financial services, healthcare, hospitality, janitorial, and property management. Leveraging our expertise working with thousands of job seekers and employers, we are turning this experience into actionable steps employers can take to attract, hire, and cultivate diverse talent from nearby communities.
Through our virtual institute – a four-session, interactive training – we invite HR leaders, recruiters, DEI champions, and operations professionals to explore tactics, tools, and approaches they can take to diversify their workforce with talent often sidelined by the mainstream economy. In doing so, employers will walk away understanding how these untapped talent pools can serve as a strategic advantage that can bring their DEI, CSR, and hiring plans to life.
Specifically, employers will:
• Learn recruitment strategies to tap into high-performing, diverse talent pools
• Understand how different requirements and hiring tactics prevent diverse talent from finding, applying to, and getting hired at different firms
• Practice techniques to better define and market open roles to attract diverse talent, and eliminate biases to make them more successful in the hiring process
• Gain perspective on how to use a competency-based approach to assess new talent for fit, cultivate employee growth, and strengthen employee retention
• Collaborate with peers to understand what is working for other employers, and workshop ideas for their firms
This institute will be held in four, two-hour virtual sessions every other week.
Dates for our upcoming cohorts include:
October 27, 10 am - 12 pm CST
November 10, 10 am - 12 pm CST
December 1, 10 am - 12 pm CST
December 15, 10 am - 12 pm CST
February 2, 10 am - 12 pm CST
February 16, 10 am - 12 pm CST
March 2, 10 am - 12 pm CST
March 16, 10 am - 12 pm CST
Who should attend Cara Employer Institute:
To maximize the experience, we encourage a senior HR leader and recruiter to attend. Those who have existing diversity and inclusion efforts are encouraged to send someone from that team as well. (There will be sessions where front-line managers will be invited to attend as well.)